Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas From China (pictures)

Sophie Mei Lewis Christmas Day in China

Merry Christmas everyone. We are missing you today, but are at peace. We started out our Christmas day going to a tea house for some...well...tea. It was pretty neat seeing how they get the tea ready. It is an art. There is a picture I have on here of a very expensive tea pot, check it out and let me know if you want one or two.

We made it back to the Hotel in time for some formula and a nap. I (Marc) went out for a walk today as the girls napped. It was great weather and I didn't take the camera, sorry. I probably would have just taken pictures of cars and bikes and fish heads anyways, that's what I was feeling. I like how they drive in Asia, offensive driving. They drive like running backs...know where they are going and do everything not to get hit. We drive in the states so worried about where everyone else is going and not going. They just get there...pretty exciting.

In the later afternoon we went over the hotel next to us for some Christmas pictures in Sophie's Christmas dress. She looks so beautiful.

After the pictures we went to dinner with a bunch of folks and had an Arabia Nights Christmas. Some of the folks were reminded of the movie A Christmas Story when they went out for dinner at the Chinese restaurant for duck. It was actually very good.

Sherry is wearing her mother daughter pendant that I gave them today or whatever you call it and Sophie played with the box hers came in. She will wear it when she is older...not the box. It has two parts one in English and the other in Chinese. I trust that it says "mother daughter" and not something like "eat more chicken". I that would be kind of cool, but not really, if you think about it...that we be pretty stupid.

We had a good read through Luke's account of the Christmas story. Sophie was so into the first few sentences and then she was out like a light. I love the story of my Savior! My redeemer. The one who made it possible for me to be adopted into God's family.

Merry Christmas!
Marc, Sherry, and Sophie Mei

A video should be up in a couple of hours.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! I love seeing your daily pictures. I can't wait to see all of you in person. She is so cute and full of life. God Bless all of you!

Phil & Wendy

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry! This is Misty Roberts from Marc's mom's church. Marc's mom gave me your blog address the other day. I've really enjoyed looking at the pictures and your blog. Sophie is so cute. Marc, Sophie, and you will have to make a visit to NC soon. I would love to see Sophie. How old is she? Have a Merry Christmas!

Misty

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Sophie is beautiful! She looks so happy and at ease. I am so enjoying your updates and videos. It fills my heart to be able to follow along on your journey. I can't wait to meet little Sophie in person. See you soon.

Cheryl Lindsey