Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Day is Drawing Near

Friends and Family,
I'm sorry I've been so negligent on updating everyone. Our heads have been spinning getting everything ready. We found out the day before Thanksgiving that we are leaving 2 weeks earlier than we expected. What a nice change, earlier rather than later. We will leave on December 12, that's 10 days from now! I just wanted to share with everyone and ask you to be praying for us during this time. Please pray for the following:

1. Thoroughness of preparation. Details don't come naturally for me, please pray that the Lord will help us keep our heads on straight so that we can think for the right things.

2. Travel goes smoothly. We will leave on the morning of the 12th, fly to San Francisco with only an hour layover. We will fly straight to Beijing from there. We will come home on the night of December 28th.

3. It is our understanding that Sophie was moved back to the orphanage for the last two weeks before we get her. Please pray for her little heart and mind as she has so many transitions taking place. I'm sure it was very difficult for her to leave the only home she's ever known as well as the woman she has known as "Mama" for the last 10 months. Please pray for her foster mom as well.

4. Also, that the Lord would supernaturally be preparing Sophie for us. I know she will be frightened by the strange white woman who is weeping uncontrollably the minute they put her in my arms. Maybe pray more for me that I will be able to hold it all together so I don't make a disturbing memory for her. :-). But seriously, I'm really trusting the Lord for that initial meeting. I'm trying to go with no expectations but to be as sensitive to her emotions as I can.

5. And finally, that He would just allow us to walk by faith through this whole experience, and to be looking to Him the entire time.

Thank you so much for everyone's love and support. I may not be able to return all the emails and phone calls but you will be sure to hear from us soon.

God Bless You,Sherry and Marc

No comments: